2. Fill in the UNISA application form
You must apply for admission to UNISA by filling and submitting the admission form. You can either fill in the form online or at a regional office.
To apply, visit unisa.ac.za/apply
3. Submit documents to UNISA
Have scanned copies of the following documents handy to submit online together with your application form:
- Certified copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (please note that internet copies will not be accepted)
- Certified copy of your ID document (RSA students) or passport (international students)
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Certified sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- DSAR04 form and supporting documents if you are applying for exemptions
4. Receive your student number
Once you have submitted your application form + supporting documents and UNISA processes your application you will receive a student number. Remember this student number as you’ll use it for my.unisa.ac.za and further communications with the university.
5. Pay the Application fee
You must thereafter pay a non-refundable application fee. You can pay online via credit card (response is quicker) or via bank deposit. More information on paying the application fee and international payments.
6. Wait for a response from UNISA
UNISA will get back to you to inform you about the outcome of your application. For inquiries regarding applications etc. please contact UNISA. UNISA Contact information is below.
Expect the processing of the application to take from three days to a few weeks.
7. Unisa Registration
Once your application is successful, it is now time to register your modules and start studying! Follow the UNISA registration guide in order to make sure you register correctly.
- First, you have to APPLY at UNISA
- Wait till you hear if you are accepted
- You must register in the following registration period – or you lose your place and have to apply again
- The UNISA Application process takes place more or less every 6 months.
- This happens around 6 months before you will be able to study. You need to fill in the UNISA application form and follow all the steps outlined in the post.
- First, check the next Unisa application dates.
- When you are ready to apply, go to this page: Apply for admission. select which type, of course, you want to do, and then select “start the process”.