The University of South Africa or Unisa is one of the top universities in South Africa. The 2020/2021 Unisa application is open for both local and international students. Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission.
Use MTN to apply (via Chrome). There are no data charges.
Unisa’s application model is open and continuous, which means that applications remain open throughout the year.
Applications for admission to Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) is open from 1 September to 30 November 2020.
Documents needed for Unisa application
Documents to submit when applying for admission to Unisa undergraduate applications:
- Copy of your school qualifications. For a list of acceptable school qualifications for admission per country.
- Copy of your tertiary academic qualifications (if applicable).
- Copy of your passport.
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable).
- Original sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans.
- M30 form – Application for a Certificate of Conditional Exemption (ONLY for admission to bachelor degree studies – not for BTech degree studies) (PDF 33KB) and supporting documents if you are applying for a certificate of exemption.
Note that some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and/or to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time.
Also, take note of the following rules for uploading supporting documents:
- Files cannot be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file), or TIF (image file).
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are in electronic format before starting the application process.